Popular on TelAve
- AMU Alumna Olivia P. Friedman's Legal Stewardship Impacting AL
- Jim Rennert's monumental sculpture 'Listen' installation in Midtown Manhattan
- Wormhole Labs Partners with Twitch to Launch Gaming and Esports Technology Platform
- Joe Rogan Tripps Over Mimi Choi's Halloween Instagram Post
- Nightstick IS-Certified 1100 Lumen Rechargeable Scene Light Brings Safety and Convenience in Portable LED Package
- How Your Company Can Pack A Punch At The Arizona Autism Speaks Walk In Partnership With SARRC
- Reputation Marketing Platform NiceJob Awarded 2nd Place Prize at 2019 New Ventures BC Competition
- The 2019 Milbourne Christopher Awards, Magic's Highest Honors, Announced
- Hyper-conductive Coating for Component Level EMI/RFI Shielding
- Multi-award Winning Italian Drama, "Lucania - Land, Blood, and Magic" to be distributed by BWC Films in North America
But today, this hybrid approach has now got a new contender.
There are cross-platform technologies like React Native, which promise high quality with similar cost-effectiveness. But, does this mean that processes like Ionic app development or Cordova development will take a blow? We don't think so.
Before we move ahead, let us understand the basic difference.
Hybrid apps vs. Native apps
Native apps are the ones that have been built using a specific language for a specific platform. When one writes code in Objective C for iOS platform or uses Java for Android, then an application built that way is called as a native app. A native app can deliver tremendous performance.
More on TelAve News
- Ponos Industries LLC Amends Tender Offer for Shares of Common Stock of AT&T Inc
- Lucd and Edge Technology Group Enterprise AI Agreement
- SecureEPLS Broadens Service with Additional Exclusion Lists
- Elaine LaLanne and Jaime Brenkus Release New Book, If You Want To Live Move!
- CNet Celebrate Masters Degree Graduation 2019
Let's get to the hands-on comparison of both the frameworks.
1.2 React Native
More on TelAve News
- Visit Corsicana: Nov. 2nd Concert Honors Country Music Hall of Fame Member, Lefty Frizzell
- 21st Asia CemenTrade Summit Spotlights on Regional Cement Demand-Supply Trends, Sustainable Technologies
- Toni Vanschoyck bringing concepts behind her book to life in four cities
- L7TR integrates zero-configuration support to its VPS+ IoT suite
- California CRV is Finished! Or is it?
Let's look at some of the prominent features of both frameworks.
2.1 React features
Apps developed on Ionic apps lets developers deploy the app on both, cross-platform as well as to the mobile web as a Progressive Web App with the same code.
One can use the same code-base in order to develop applications for Android, iOS, Windows Phone. Better performance than Ionic 2, as the overall processing of hardware functionalities, are by the specific platform, and not Cordova.
React is comparatively easy to maintain when someone is working with large-scale projects as it follows stricter design patterns and paradigms.
React Native is stable and feels like a native app.
2.2 Ionic features
Ionic offers super-fast development-testing cycle.
You can cross-compile with Ionic to iOS and Android.
Ionic is easy to learn & work with.
One can write code in TypeScript, this makes it easy if you are coming from a background of AngularJS 2.
It lets you use TypeScript in order to develop applications for all platforms.
Access the native functionalities of your user's devices with the plugin system.
Mobile applications have become the norm now. If you are planning to start a business, developing a mobile application becomes inevitable. It's a mobile first world today, and with billions of users moving to mobile platform, that is exactly the place one should look for.
Latest on TelAve News
- Lantek to present six educational sessions at FABTECH 2019
- MuirWoods Memory Care, Petaluma's Comeback Kid
- Fitt Adds New Funding, Strategic Investor in MINDBODY
- Tidewater area restaurant The Dirty Buffalo announces Grand Opening for Virginia Beach location
- Headstorm Extends Senior Leadership Team and Opens Pittsburgh Office
- Redesigning Wi-Fi at Design Bridge
- ITSMA 2019 Marketing Excellence Awards Honor High Impact B2B Marketing Programs
- S-cubed launch the A3 Community MDR
- Waco Family & Faith International Film Festival Launches With The Goals To Empower The Creative Spirit And Celebrate All
- Refereum Partners With Leading Digital Marketplace OpenSea
- Menke to present at the 2019 ESOP Association Hawaii Chapter Annual Conference October 17
- Visionary 21 Convention Founder Anthony Dream Johnson Becomes First President of "The Manosphere"
- Itero Group, LLC Announces Selection to Receive HIRE Vets Platinum Medallion Award
- The Sports Circus Strikes Gold With Exclusive Partnership for National Hotel TV Coverage
- Higher Digital and Distance Education Accrediting Commission Partner to Help Colleges and Universities Assess and Improve Distance Learning Programs
- Pet Professional Guild British Isles to Offer Credentialing as Free Membership Benefit in Quest for Higher Levels of Professionalism
- "China Girl" Spins Tale of Far-Right Trumplandian Dystopia
- IOTech Announces Agreement with Global Industrial Gateway Manufacturer to Market its Edge Xpert IoT Edge Platform
- Execulink Lowers Prices on Wholesale Internet Plans
- Team Barlow Strong Partners with Northwestern University to Develop an Adaptive Baseball Pitching Machine